System operating updating color nook
Thursday, March 15, 2018 by Manyi
The Barnes & Noble Nook Color BNRV200 (encore) users will be happy to know that recognized Dev drmarble has introduced a new Custom ROM for them which they can use to experience the superiority of the powerful Android 7.1.1 Nougat Operating System on their device. The Custom ROM is named as Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM and it’s based on the LineageOS builds. The ROM is just an experimental build and hence might be risky for tweaking on your device. Yet it will carry abundance of features with it, but at the same time might be risky.
The Barnes & Noble Nook Color BNRV200 (encore) eReader post getting upgraded to the Android N ROM and can be used on your device to experience a more enhanced UI with superior Interface. This new Nougat ROM facilitates you to customize your eReader in a way you want. You can get further details on it just post up-gradation. But before that you need to know what are the pre-requirements.
During the course of update, your Barnes & Noble Nook Color BNRV200 (encore) might result in bricking, be a dead device or might get cluttered with bug for which you yourself will be blamed. We will simply ignore if you put the question on us. So think at least twice before starting the update process.
The most important thing before starting the update is to root your Barnes & Noble Nook Color BNRV200 (encore) and install the latest Custom Recovery image on it. Also you have to create a complete backup for your Barnes & Noble Nook Color eReader before starting the update. Also shut down any antivirus program if you run on either your Android device or PC and keep at least 50% power back up on it to avoid accidental shut down during update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM for your Barnes & Noble Nook Color BNRV200 (encore) on your Desktop.
- Then enable the USB Debugging option on your Android handset.
- Next plug your Barnes & Noble Nook Color BNRV200 (encore) to your PC via USB and then transfer the file to the SD card of your device.
- Then switch off your device, detach the USB cable & move your eReader into Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “wipe cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the Custom ROM file on your handset. To start installation process, click on “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat ROM that you had moved to your device in step II. Then click install to start the installation process. Wait still the installation finishes.
- After successful installation, return to the Recovery menu and press “reboot system now”.
Congratulations! Your Barnes & Noble Nook Color BNRV200 (encore) will reboot automatically now. You should not face any issues in the installation process following the steps given. Still faced any issues, feel free to inform me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. In case your device goes to bootloop, you have to force restart your device and follow the procedure again starting from the first.
Post Views: 1,610