Isn't for year dating anniversary 2 ideas love blondie
Saturday, January 13, 2018 by Sanya
Is your anniversary with your sweetheart coming up? Whether you are celebrating your six-month, one year or five year, celebrating an anniversary is a wonderful way to rekindle old flames and remind each other how special your relationship is.
Celebrating a romantic anniversary doesn’t mean you have to go broke ordering a fancy dinner or going on a cruise. Here are 8 cheap and cute ways to celebrate that lovey-dovey milestone with your one and only.
1. Have a romantic staycation. Be homebodies at home, but with an extra touch of romance. Like take-out with tea light candles and a shared bubble bath. The usual home-cooked dinner and rented movie but with an extra-special bottle of wine and some decadent dessert. No hassle of taking reservations or leaving tip.
2. Make a day-trip of all the monumental places in your neighborhood that mean something to both of you. Have a whirlwind journey of all the places that only both of you would understand why it’s so special: the restaurant of the first date, the pier where that funny memory happened, that hole-in-the-wall ice cream parlor you both discovered together on that random Friday night.
3. Go to that local attraction you’ve been meaning to go to for ages. All of us are guilty of being lazy about enjoying our own neighborhood attractions because we take it for granted that it will always be there. Celebrate your anniversary by going to that one museum, state park, nature hike, botanical garden, funky dessert cafe or concert hall you’ve both been meaning to go for ages but have been putting off.
4. Enjoy a retro date. Where’s your poodle skirt and cat-eyes glasses? Enjoy love and romance with your honey bunny like it’s 1959: go roller-skating, find a drive-in, share an ice cream sundae at a soda shop and more.
5. Make something for each other. Go to one of those kitschy Color Me Mine stores where you and your sweetheart can make each other a personalized ceramic mug or plate. Or if you’re one of those super-ambitious creative types, make each other a small painting to hang on each other’s walls.
6. Find a cute and cheap way to document your very special day. Maybe your starving artist friend would be willing to snap some photographs of you and your soul mate for a very affordable fee for one afternoon photo session in the park. Or with a flip came and iMovie, you and your loved one can make a very short and sweet internet video that you can watch for years to come when you want to take a stroll down memory lane.
7. Learn something together. Many community classes offer very good discounts for first-time students who are trying out an activity for free. Maybe this is the day to learn ballroom dancing, take a cooking class, surfing class or to try bikram yoga for the first time together.
8. Check out some amazing flower fields in your area. Maybe your state has some awe-inspiring flower parks where you and your lover can hold hands, meander among colorful bloom and fall in love again.
PHOTO (cc): Flickr / dmitri_morozov
Originally published in 2010